Please verify

Blaze Media
Watch LIVE

Rumble to give all membership revenue to creators in 2023, targeting YouTube and Switch market share

Image courtesy: @rumblevideo / Twitter

Video-sharing platform Rumble will not be taking any cut of monthly subscriptions for its creators for the rest of 2023, the company announced in a press release.

Rumble recently launched channel subscriptions available to users for $5 per month to compete with YouTube's membership program and will be giving creators 100% of the revenue from the monthly "subscription badges" until the end of 2023.

In comparison, YouTube states the following in terms of revenue sharing:

"Creators receive 70% of memberships revenue recognized by Google after local sales tax and other fees (depending on country and users' platform) are deducted. Payment processing fees (including credit card fees) are currently covered by YouTube."

In terms of video ad revenue, Rumble reportedly takes up to 40%, leaving the user with up to 60%.

In comparison, YouTube takes a 45% cut from ads displayed or streamed on user videos, along with a 55% take from "shorts" posted by the user, which refers to vertical videos that are less than one minute in length.

“The opportunity to take market share away from YouTube and Twitch is today, and we are going to capitalize on it,” said Chris Pavlovski, Rumble's chairman and CEO.

“For the rest of 2023, Rumble will pay creators 100% of the revenue they generate from subscription badges,” before adding that he wants Rumble's revenue sharing program to be at the top of the list for video-sharing platforms.

“At the end of the day, I want to have a product that generates more revenue for creators than any other platform out there.”

Plans for the subscription platform, aside from a superficial badge icon, include turning off ads for the videos of the creator in question.

The CEO says that he sees an opportunity with the program to leapfrog Rumble into becoming the leading creator-friendly platform for independent voices.

According to TechCrunch, YouTube's revenue dropped in 2022, citing a decline of 1.9% in quarterly revenue that October, year over year. At the same time, parent company Alphabet missed its earnings estimate by about one billion dollars.

In March 2022, in response to the Russia-Ukraine war, YouTube paused "all Google and YouTube ads in Russia as well as access to all monetization features. As a result, viewers in Russia will not see ads or monetization features like Channel Memberships, Super Chat, Super Stickers, or Merch."

In terms of Rumble's revenue, in Q3 2022 its numbers jumped 430% year over, albeit on a much smaller scale than YouTube.

Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!

Most recent
All Articles