Photo by Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images
© 2024 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
Troy Aikman — the NFL Hall of Famer who's arguably the game's best color commentator — said during ESPN's Monday Night Football broadcast that the league should "take the dresses off" in regard to the numerous penalties for roughing the passer that have been called so far this season.
As you might imagine, the woke mob now wants Aikman's head on a platter over his "misogyny."
Here's audio of his comment after a penalty against Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Chris Jones after he tackled Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr:
\u201cTroy Aikman wants the NFL to \u201ctake the dresses off\u201d and fix roughing the passer penalty \u201d— Gifdsports (@Gifdsports) 1665452410
“My hope is the competition committee looks at this during the set of meetings and, you know, we take the dresses off,” said Aikman, who won three Super Bowls calling signals for the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990s.
How are folks reacting?
Aikman's comments drew plenty of attention on social media, and the woke mob demanded punishment.
- "Did Troy Aikman really just say what I think he said? Did he really just say that it's time for the league to 'take the dresses off'?" sports commentator Jason Page asked. "The 60s called, they want their chauvinist back. Seriously @ESPN... do better than that crap.“
- "Troy Aikman really needs to find a non-misogynistic way to critique the call besides 'take the dresses off,'" Chuck Modi — a self-described "justice journalist" — said. "And I say this as someone who heard this misogyny normalized by coaches as a kid & even participated myself. Way past time to end such sports talk."
- Rachel Schallom Lobdell, editorial director at Fortune Magazine, noted the "truly awful call, but let’s not overlook Troy Aikman’s sexist comment ..."
- "Did Troy Aikman just say that he hopes the competition committee 'takes their dresses off'? As in trying to demean them by calling them women? Is he actually serious?" asked Arielle Orsuto, sports reporter for Denver's KUSA-TV.
- "Troy Aikman just said 'we need to take the dresses off' on national TV about a call," one Twitter user said. "Can we as a country cancel him so I never have to hear his voice again?"
- "Troy Aikman is a dumb ass; he needs to be fired," another commenter said. "There's no place for that kind of talk in broadcasting. There's plenty of people who can do his job; they don't need Aikman."
But many — including the vast majority of those responding to above tweet with audio of Aikman's comment — weren't offended and ripped the woke mob:
- "As a woman, who watches every minute of RedZone, NFL Network, and anything else football related, I found Troy’s comment hilarious NOT misogynistic!" one commenter said. "So sick of all the PC in this country!"
- "Incredible hilarious and a comment that is so overdue, both for football and society," another user said.
(H/T: The Daily Wire)
Want to leave a tip?
We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.
Sr. Editor, News
Dave Urbanski is a senior editor for Blaze News.