DANIEL LEAL-OLIVAS/AFP/Getty Images
© 2023 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
Now that Trump's DOJ indicted him.
WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can signup for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Now they love Assange …
For the past three years, the media narrative has been that Julian Assange and his organization, WikiLeaks, are an arm of Russian intelligence that was used to collude with the President Donald Trump campaign to beat Hillary Clinton. That narrative was operative up until Thursday, when later in the day, the Trump Department of Justice indicted Assange under the Espionage Act. Now all of a sudden, Assange is once again the bulwark of press freedom.
It would be comical if it weren't so transparently disingenuous.
Some leftie blue checkmarks even went so far as to call Assange himself a "Russian agent." Then there's the Washington Post editorial board, who wrote in early April, "Julian Assange is not a free-press hero. And he is long overdue for personal accountability." The piece even mentions that the Robert Mueller report said that Russian intelligence used WikiLeaks as a "front for its interference in the U.S. election."
Flash forward to today. The executive editor of the Washington Post, Marty Baron, is railing against the new indictments of Assange, a month and a half after his newspaper's editorial board basically called for them.
Baron writes, "The administration has gone from denigrating journalists as "enemies of the people" to now criminalizing common practices in journalism." What happened to Assange not being a "free-press hero?"
All it took to get the media to defend someone they previously accused of being a Russian front man hell-bent on destroying American democracy was for Donald Trump's DOJ to indict him. Trump Derangement Syndrome is a hell of a drug.
Obama's real war on journalists …
While the media gnash their teeth over the Assange indictments, Ed Morrissey over at Hot Air highlights a new report out from the Columbia Journalism Review. You see, the Obama DOJ actually targeted the telephone records of reporters it suspected of working to leak classified information.
But remember, folks, the media will tell you that the Obama administration was scandal-free.
- Report shows online ties linking HuffPost, the Guardian, and SPLC to Antifa
- FLASHBACK: The media feared for the welfare of 'The American Taliban'
- WaPo's 'conservative' columnist Jennifer Rubin attributes GOP pro-life position to 'donor demands' and 'outsize influence of evangelical Christians' and 'the most radical groups in the party'
- CNN homepage doesn't mention Michael Avenatti once after indictment story
- Former Avenatti fanboy Brian Stelter neglects to mention indictment in his newsletter until called out, then he makes excuses for his man-crush
- Twitter bans virulently anti-Trump Krassenstein brothers for allegedly operating fake accounts
- Amazon shareholders reject proposal for conservative viewpoint representation
- MSNBC's Chris Matthews actually presses NYT's Goldberg for defending Pelosi questioning Trump's mental state
- CBS passes along threat of violence against US from Iraqi politician
- 'Losing streak': CNN's Lemon gloats about 'embarrassing' Trump having his 'not a crook' moment
- Howard Kurtz: 'The media were Avenatti's enabler'
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Want to leave a tip?
We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.