Zion News brings you news out of the state of Israel. Here are the headlines from the stories being discussed in this episode:
- The Israeli Security Service arrested teenage ISIS loyalists. The Shin Bet just announced that it has arrested the three suspects in the northern Israeli town of Barta'a who swore allegiance to the Islamic State.
- The United Nations Secretary General responded to Netanyahu On U.N.R.W.A. Following the Israeli Prime Minister’s calls for UNRWA to be dismantled, United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres is rallying support from all member states to continue supporting the refugee relief program.
- The U.N. Human Rights Commissioner came after Israel and the Palestinian Authority. In a recently published report, U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al-Hussein criticized both the Israeli and Palestinian governments for their non-compliance with international calls for accountability.
- The Israeli Government met to discuss the closing of Al-Jazeera. Following the closure of their press bureaus in Saudi Arabia and Jordan, Israel might follow the Sunni states’ lead.
- Plans for an island port for Gaza were scuttled by the defense minister. Israeli plans to build an artificial island port off the coast of Gaza are being held up by the Defense Minister on security ground.
- Likud member and former journalist spoke on Israeli arts. Naphtali Bensimon was at ILTV studio talking about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not attending the Emet prize ceremony. Is withholding government funds from artists a form of censorship?
- Israel cut off electricity to Gaza; Egypt may intercede. Israel is going ahead with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's demands to cut off electricity to the Gaza Strip. Now, Egypt is offering to provide Hamas with 25 megawatts of power. In exchange, they want Hamas to hand over 17 men wanted by Cairo on charges of terrorism..
- Five letters from the great Albert Einstein are going to auction next week, and one of them is shedding light on just why the Zionist physicist declined the Israeli presidency.
- Asaf Toker, C.E.O. OF SeeVoov speaking at ILTV studio about Israeli start up SeeVoov that has created a video-based trip planner making it a lot easier to plan the ultimate getaway.
- The German national carrier Lufthansa has announced that it's adding 5 weekly flights between Israel and Germany.
- An Israeli bio-med firm 'Collplant' is using tobacco leaves to make 3D printed organs. Collagen from local tobacco leaves acts as ‘ink’ in 3D printed organs.
- The Hebrew word Of The Day is HADPASSAH, written הדפסה. It means "a print."
Listen to more episodes on demand of “ZION News” on TheBlaze Contributors.