Everyone knows that you pay something of a markup when you eat dinner at a restaurant instead of cooking at home. But how do you watch for the dishes that are exponentially more expensive than the cost of their ingredients?
Chef Patrick joined the show today to talk about price points to watch for, explaining which cuts of steak give you the most bang for your buck and why buying a glass of wine is basically paying for a bottle.
Listen to his full segment here for the answers to these questions:
- How do restaurants decide what to charge for steak vs. chicken?
- When should you send back that order of oysters?
- What defines true “Dover sole”?
- What are you really paying for wine?
- Are we facing a “bananapocalypse”?