Glenn Beck responded to those in "positions of power" who expressed outrage over an Obama mask at a Missouri rodeo over the weekend, saying President Obama is not God or the prophet Mohammed, and the people have a right to mock him.
Beck noted that everyone from Senator Claire McCaskill to the governor and lieutenant governor condemned the rodeo clown's decision to don a mask resembling the president's face, even reading a Daily Kos writer's comment: "All I want is some heads to roll.”
"They want to decapitate people because of what they've done with this mask, because it's so offensive..." Beck's co-host Stu Burguiere said slowly, trying to wrap his head around the argument.
"Sounds like real violent rhetoric," Beck's other co-host, Pat Gray, quipped.
"Stop treating [President Obama] like God," Beck declared, before adding: "I apologize to those on the left, to assume that you would treat God with any respect...Stop treating him like he's the prophet Mohammed."
Beck noted that Americans have long worn masks of the president, and everyone has a right to their opinion. The elected officials may be disgusted, but Beck said they shouldn't say anything other than: "I didn't like it. I thought it was disrespectful, but they have a right to make fun of the president of the United States."
"This guy is never mocked," Beck said, "and America, may I suggest you go out and buy a president of the United States mask..."
He proceeded to say that the radio program Tuesday will officially be a "mock the president zone."
Watch the rest of the fiery monologue, below:
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Rodeo Clown Dons ‘Obama’ Mask, Gets Chased by Bull, Crowd Goes Nuts; Libs Want ‘Heads to Roll’
- ‘They Are Liars’: Beck Says These Then-And-Now Obama Videos Prove It
- ‘It’s His Lifelong Passion’: Beck Weighs in on One Significant Detail You May Have Missed in Obama’s Race-Relations Speech
- You Probably Won’t Be Able to Text ‘I Could Be the Next Obama’ From Your iPhone — Just Try It
- ‘It’s Being Used for Political Purposes’: NSA Whistleblower Reveals Grave Concerns About Domestic Surveillance Program