Sheik Omar Raghba was caught on video gleefully smashing a statue of the Virgin Mary in the Yakubiya village of Syria, according to the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).
In video posted on the Internet on October 23, Raghba remarked with a smile: "Allah willing, Allah alone will be worshiped in the Levant, which will be ruled only by the law of Allah. The idols will be worshiped no more in the Levant, Allah willing."
"We shall accept nothing but Allah, his religion, and the Sunnah of his prophet," he continued.
And at that the man hurled the statue to the floor, where it was smashed to bits.
"Say 'Allah akbar!'" the group urges as the sheik saunters away.
"Allah akbar," he obliges with a wave.
Watch the complete video below, courtesy of MEMRI-TV:
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Saudi Cleric on ‘Black-Eyed Virgins’ & What Happens to ‘Earthly’ Wives in Paradise
- TheBlaze’s Buck Sexton Slams Absolute ‘Counterterrorism Catastrophe’ That You May Not Have Heard About
- Video: Egyptian Child Takes to the Streets to Discover What His Compatriots Know About the Holocaust
- Reported List of Churches and Christian Institutions Attacked in Egypt Since Wednesday Will Astonish You
- Beck Reveals Why He Has Such Disdain for CNN’s Christiane Amanpour