Rick Harrison of the History Channel’s hit series “Pawn Stars” appeared on the Glenn Beck Program Friday for what Beck described as a "massive show and tell."
Among the other items he revealed, Harrison held up a small book and declared: "This right here won the Revolutionary War."
As Harrison told it, a man named Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben met Benjamin Franklin in Paris and "really pumped himself up." Von Steuben promised that George Washington would greatly value his assistance, and upon receiving a letter of recommendation from Franklin, arrived in Valley Forge. He told Washington that he would make his troops have the greatest military precision in the world and - though Washington had heard the same before - Washington gave him 100 troops to work with.
Within a few years, von Stuben was inspector general and a Major General of the Continental Army. In 1779, Harrison indicated the book, "he printed these for all the officers."
Harrison said there are roughly 5 copies in such fine condition left from the first printing, and it includes instructions for the soldiers like, "how to set up your camp in the Continental Army."
Another remarkable artifact Harrison shared was Henry Lee's copy of a letter from George Washington. In it, Washington emphasized the importance of putting down the Whiskey Rebellion in accordance with the Constitution and the courts of the United States.
Later in the program, Harrison was joined in the "show and tell" by David Barton from Wallbuilders and "historian extraordinaire," as Beck described him, Brent Ashworth.
The group showed viewers historical rarities from a handwritten Thanksgiving proclamation by Grover Cleveland, to a letter from Marilyn Monroe early in her life in which she speculated, "I believe I am going to take up modeling..."
Watch the entire clip, below:
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Pawn Stars’ Rick Harrison Alleges Shocking Miscarriage of Justice in Speaking Out Against Big Government
- Mike Rowe on How Many Are Following the ‘Worst Advice in the History of the World’
- ‘The System Isn’t Working’: Ron Paul Breaks Down His Homeschooling Curriculum in Gripping Glenn Beck Interview
- ‘Dictatorship 101′: Beck’s Chilling Break-Down of What Parent Arrested After Questioning Common Core Means for America
- Something Disturbing Happened to Glenn Beck’s Daughter in the Hospital — and What He Wants You to Take From It