While many on the right are dismayed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's "bridge scandal," thinking it may dash any presidential aspirations the Republican may have had, some conservatives are saying good riddance.
After an initial "love affair" with Christie, Glenn Beck has long maintained the governor is more progressive than he first believed. On Friday, Beck said that not only is Christie a progressive Republican -- he sounds almost identical to President Barack Obama on many issues.
Beck proceeded to play clips of both Christie and the president speaking on issues from global warming to gun control. Not only did they advocate the same position, in some cases, they even used the same phrases.
"They could be each other's speech writers, couldn't they?" Beck remarked.
Beck also played clips of the politicians denying familiarity with men like Rev. Jeremiah Wright, in Obama's case, or David Wildstein, in Christie's case. Wildstein is one of the Christie staffers accused of creating major traffic issues in Fort Lee as a way to "get back" at Mayor Mark Sokolich for not endorsing Christie for re-election.
"Christie and Obama have a lot in common," Beck said. "Two peas in a pod - a big pod, Astrodome-sized pod - but two peas in the pod."
You can watch the whole segment, below:
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- ‘Conservatives Need to Run’: Beck Says Christie Scandal Is ‘Everything We Despise’ in Barack Obama
- ‘They Portray the Guys Brilliantly’: Marcus Luttrell Praises ‘Lone Survivor’ Film Out in Theaters This Weekend
- ‘Cataclysmic’: What You Probably Didn’t Know About Germany Getting Its Gold Back From the Federal Reserve
- Glenn Beck Irate Over Leaked Boehner Office Emails: ‘Defund the GOP’
- Is This the Alarming Reason Kathleen Sebelius Hasn’t Been Fired?