Glenn Beck opened his radio show Wednesday by reading an article titled, "11 Ways You Know You Live in a Country Run by Idiots."
"If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more, you live in a country run by idiots," he said. "If an 80-year-old woman can be strip-searched by the TSA but a woman in a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched, you live in a country run by idiots."
Beck came across the article on Zero Hedge, but it was posted on the Fellowship of the Minds blog before that. There appears to be some confusion about the original author -- Fellowship of the Minds notes that the original author is believed to be Junius P. Long.
Here are the first five items from the list, via Zero Hedge:
1. If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally, you live in a country run by idiots.
2. If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion, you live in a country run by idiots.
3. If you have to show identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor or check out a library book, but not to vote on who runs the government, you live in a country run by idiots.
4. If the government wants to ban stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines with more than ten rounds, but gives 20 F-16 fighter jets to the crazy leaders in Egypt, you live in a country run by idiots.
5. If, in the largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not a 24-ounce soda because 24 ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat, you live in a country run by idiots.
Beck said he has a friend whose child, around 6 years old, can't have dairy. Beck said the boy comes home crying because the school forces him to get milk in the cafeteria, even when he says he can't have it.
"The mom goes to the lunchroom and says, 'Guys, he's got the doctor's note. He can't have dairy,'" Beck continued. "The lunch attendants actually say to her, 'Well, I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do about it. He has to take all the dairy. ... We have to report that we have put all of these things on his plate. So I don't care if he goes to the end of the line after he checks out and he throws it all in the garbage. He has to throw it all in the garbage."
Beck said that with the cost of milk rising, it makes no sense to waste it when there are people who actually need it. He said that's what happens in a country run by idiots where people are being trained not to think.
"Don't think. Don't use common sense. Doesn't matter what you know is right. Don't think," he said. "This is the beginning of the end of common sense."
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live-streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Click here to watch every Glenn Beck episode from the past 30 days for just $1!