George Floyd rioters didn't spare Raleigh, North Carolina, over the weekend — nor did they let alone the downtown office of newspaper Indyweek.
In fact, "devastated" editor Leigh Tauss showed on Twitter the carnage that befell the paper — and she implied that rioters shouldn't have destroyed the office since Indyweek is "progressive."
(Content warning: Rough language in at least one of the photos):
I’m devastated. We are a progressive newspaper. Last night I was inside when the first brick was thrown #Raleigh https://t.co/MJvPdscyqf— Leigh of House (@Leigh of House) 1590931717.0
"Last night I was inside when the first brick was thrown," she added.
Here comes the wake-up call
With that, comments came in mocking the paper's "progressive" ideology — as if rioters cared or even knew:
- "It was a brick of peace."
- "Did you paint 'progressive' over the door posts in the hopes the mob angel of death would pass you by?"
- "The Left destroys everything. You 'progress' yourselves into a form of fascism believing that any other idea other than yours is intolerable. Til one day your establishment gets demolished by the very 'progressives' you created. Welcome to the cycle of intolerance."
- "This is where your 'progress' leads."
- "When you cultivate a fire in the name of being progressive, you can't be sure never to be engulfed by it. Fire is blind."
- "Should have asked them nicely to stop."
- "Leigh needs to check her privilege. As a woke progressive she should be HAPPY to sacrifice her windows to this cause. After all, these people are simple expressing their rage at centuries of oppression. She should be standing outside the office handing them baseball bats."
Here's an overall look at what happened in Raleigh on Saturday night:
Raleigh protesting devolves into rioting, looting; police fire tear gas youtu.be