In just five days, an "elaborate multi-agency" undercover child sex predator operation in Florida led to the arrest of a dozen men. Authorities say the suspects were attempting to engage in sexual activities with children under the age of 14.
"Operation Wolves Blanket" was led by the Walton County Sheriff’s Office in collaboration with the Federal Bureau of Investigations, Department of Homeland Security, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the state attorney’s office, Panama City Beach Police, Panama City Police Department, and deputies from Escambia, Santa Rosa, and Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Offices.
Between Jan. 26 and Jan. 30, law enforcement agents carried out an Internet Crimes Against Children operation targeting individuals pursuing children for sexual activity. Investigators posed as minors on the internet and engaged with adult men online who were allegedly interested in soliciting sexual acts from children under the age of 14.
The suspects, all men between the ages of 18 and 48, visited a location that authorities had set up to make arrests, according to the Walton County Sheriff's Office.
The undercover sting operation ended with the arrest of 12 men on charges of child solicitation.
All of the suspects were charged with second and third-degree felonies. The Walton County Sheriff's Office said, "Potential prison sentences range from five to 15 years behind bars per charge if found guilty and up to 25 years based on some sentencing guidelines."
Suspects were arrested in Walton County on Florida's panhandle in between Pensacola and Panama City. Two suspects were from out of state, one from Mississippi and the other from Alabama.
"Our goal was to identify child predators and get them out of our communities," Sheriff Michael Adkinson said. "There is no shortage of these individuals preying on our youth; we must all be vigilant."
Operation Wolves Blanket suspects who were arrested:
- Hazzie Carter, 39, of Gulfport, Mississippi
- David Chocojay, 34, of Mobile, Alabama
- Tananan Wanna, 41, of Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
- Eric Dotlich, 42, of Pensacola, Florida
- Dakota Davis, 22, of Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Cody Hamm, 27, of Cottondale, Florida
- Carter Gile, 25, of Navarre, Florida
- Joshua Ward, 18, of Gulf Breeze, Florida
- Christian Coon, 22, of DeFuniak Springs, Florida
- Warwick Marsh, 26, of Destin, Florida
- Hassani Brown, 19, of Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Allen Morrow, 48, of Niceville, Florida
Walton County Sheriff's Office