Police said a 17-year-old fatally shot at least one of three armed robbers who broke into the Cobb County, Georgia, home he was living in, WSB-TV reported.
The incident took place Sunday night on Olive Springs Road, WAGA-TV reported.
What happened to the intruders?
- Machavellia Bagsby, 21, was shot and killed by the 17-year-old, WSB said. Bagsby died at the scene, the station added.
- Taruss Miller, 21, was shot in the leg — but it's unclear who shot him, WSB said.
- A third intruder — a 16-year-old — was found later, the station also said.
Miller and the 16-year-old have been charged with murder, aggravated assault, attempted armed robbery, burglary, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, WSB said, adding that the investigation continues.
What did others have to say about the shooting?
Commenters responding to WSB's tweet about the shooting seemed very much on the side of the 17-year-old:
- "Guess they picked the wrong house this time."
- "Good for him!"
- "No sympathy for the thieves. I hope that kid is good, tho."
- "Props to him; that is one gutsy kid."