Pro-life students were harassed in a variety of ways while they peacefully prayed Saturday outside the Bellingham, Washington, Planned Parenthood, Students for Life reported.
But perhaps the most pointed reaction to the pro-life students from Whatcom Community College was a woman caught on video driving up to them and declaring allegiance to the devil.
'Satan is the one true lord'
"Satan is the one true lord," she announced, looking at the students through the passenger window of her vehicle. "Satan — the dark lord."
"We'll pray for you," one pro-life student replied before adding that the students were "just out here praying, trying to support the community."
"We don't need your prayers," the woman replied before driving off and announcing in a ta-ta-for-now tone, "Hail Satan!"
Check it out:
But there was more in store
According to Autumn Lindsey, a leader for Whatcom Community College Students for Life, there was much more action at the demonstration. Such as:
- Drivers passing by and yelling obscenities and displaying crude gestures.
- A group of people yelling threateningly in one student's face, calling him a "c***sucker."
- A man riding a bike by students and throwing a glass vial at them, which shattered. Police were called to make sure it wasn't dangerous or harmful, and the fire department tested and cleaned up the fluid.
- A woman flashing the students while yelling, "My body, my choice!"
- Oh, and a car passenger masturbating toward the students as the vehicle passed them.
"What happened Saturday shows us the worst of the worst of the pro-choice movement; obscenity, Satan worship, and lewdness towards students," Kristan Hawkins, president of Students for Life of America said.
Lindsey added, "This kind of intimidation causes some of our volunteers to feel uneasy to sign up to pray for mothers and preborn children during a 40 Days for Life event. We are only 11 days in, and we have already been bullied and threatened to the point where our volunteers are nervous to go alone. But we will not back down because this just demonstrates how evil the abortion industry is. We will stand united together and not let the bullies stop us even though the violence of abortion is celebrated by increasingly violent people."