Here are the headlines from ZION news:
- The Chief Ashkenazi Rabbi of Israel, David Lau, is disowning the controversial list published by the Israeli Chief Rabbinate called a 'blacklist' of rabbis, whose efforts to confirm the Jewish identities of immigrants are now considered invalid.
- A new draft of the proposal for a very controversial bill is making its way around the Knesset this week. The bill essentially forces the High Court of Justice in Israel to take the side of Jewish religious law over that of democratic principles.
- Legal Adviser Simcha Rothman of The Israeli Movement for Governability and Democracy (Meshilut) spoke at the ILTV studio to discuss the ramifications of the proposed nation-state bill.
- There is major controversy over plans to expand the Palestinian city of Qalqilya, which is located in an Israeli controlled part of the west bank. Right wing members of Cabinet call the proposal a "profound mistake."
- The Israeli Defense Force has raided the home of the Palestinian assailant Muhammad Ibrahim Jibril, who carried out a car ramming attack earlier this week in the West Bank. They’ve discovered inciting materials that were in his possession.
- Following a victory of Avi Gabbay, said to be a centrist, as the new leader of the Israeli Labor party, Labor began surging in polls against Yair Lapid's Yesh Atid party.
- According to Robert Piper, the United Nations Coordinator for Human Aid and Development in the area, Gaza is now "unlivable" and quality of life in the coastal enclave has been going down since Hamas took power.
- World famous sculptor and painter Yolanda Antal came to the ILTV studio to share some of her lost-wax bronze molds for colorful statues.
- ILTV’S Emanuelle Kadosh talked about what's popular on Israeli social media.
- Learn a new Hebrew word every day. Today’s word is "brecha" which means "pool."
Listen to more episodes on demand of “ZION News” on TheBlaze Contributors.