Here's something to think about as you chow down during Thanksgiving: your meal is equivalent to 37 pieces of fried chicken from KFC. It's also equal to 11 junior bacon cheeseburgers from Wendy's.
The folks over at Time have run the calorie numbers and put Thanksgiving dinner into perspective. Here are the other equivalents:
- 9 large boxes of fries at McDonald’s
- 5 XXL Grilled Stuft Beef Burritos Taco Bell
- 7 Whoppers from Burger King
- 4 carnitas burritos from Chipotle
- 2 medium pepperoni pizzas from Pizza Hut
- 37 chicken drumsticks from KFC
- 4 medium cookie dough blizzards from Dairy Queen
- 16 snack boxes of popcorn shrimp from Long John Silvers
- 11 Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy’s
- 10 classic Beef n’ Cheddar sandwiches from Arby’s
- 48 traditional chicken wings with Honey BBQ sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings
- One order of Fried Macaroni & Cheese, one order of Beer Battered Fish and Chips, and one order of Beef Ribs at The Cheesecake Factory
- An order of Stuffed Mushrooms, Italian Sausage Flatbread, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Chicken Cacciatore at Macaroni Grill
Now none of this should stop you from celebrating. But it will at least make for some great conversation!