President Obama will host a State Dinner, the seventh of his presidency, for French President François Hollande Tuesday night. If the previous State Dinners are any indication, it could cost somewhere from $200,000 to more than half a million.
CBS News has the price tags on the first five of Obama's State Dinners:
- Nov. 24, 2009 – State dinner for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India. $572,187.36
- May 19, 2010 – State dinner for President Felipe Calderon of Mexico. $563,479.92
- Jan. 19, 2011 – State dinner for President Hu Jintao of China. $412,329.73.
- June 7, 2011 – State dinner for Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany. $215,883.36
- Oct. 13, 2011 – State dinner for President Lee Myung-bak of South Korea. $203,053.34