×

Please verify

Watch LIVE

White House Denies It Blocked Popular 13-Year-Old Conservative YouTuber From Viewing @POTUS Account

US

"Well, this sucks."

Image source: YouTube

UPDATE: 7:27 p.m. ET: White House spokesman Frank Benenati responded to allegations that conservative YouTuber CJ Pearson had been blocked on Twitter, saying it was not true.

"Public Service Announcement: Nobody is or has ever been blocked from the @POTUS twitter account," he tweeted.

Pearson said it was "outrageous" the White House would deny it blocked him and accused Benenati of lying about the matter. He said he is no longer blocked.

"It makes no sense for him whatsoever for him to say that. I was blocked. I saw and I posted it," Pearson told TheBlaze over the phone. "I think it is completely crazy for them to say I wasn't blocked."

Pearson, however, did not immediately respond to requests to provide TheBlaze with an original copy of the screen grab so the image's meta data could be examined to see whether it had been digitally altered or not.

Original story below.

A popular 13-year-old conservative pundit announced Wednesday that he was blocked from viewing President Barack Obama's Twitter account.

Image source: Screen grab via YouTube

CJ Pearson, who rose to Internet stardom producing viral YouTube videos skewering the president's policies, tweeted a screen grab seemingly showing he had been blocked from the @POTUS Twitter account.

"Well, this sucks," wrote Pearson, who currently serves as national chairman of Teens for Ted Cruz.

"It sucks that the handlers of the leader of the free world find it appropriate to block any American," he added in a follow-up tweet.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheBlaze.

Most recent
All Articles