The Department of Homeland Security said in a statement Saturday that they will discontinue implementation of President Donald Trump's travel ban after a Seattle-based federal judge ordered a nationwide halt of Trump's recent executive order on immigration and refugees on Friday.
"In accordance with the judge's ruling, DHS has suspended any and all actions implementing the affected sections of the Executive Order entitled, 'Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States,'" said acting press secretary Gillian Christensen in a statement, according to CNN.
"This includes actions to suspend passenger system rules that flag travelers for operational action subject to the Executive Order," she explained.
Christensen said the DHS will resume routine inspections of travelers entering the U.S. as it had prior to Trump's executive order.
The statement also said that the Department of Justice would be filing for an emergency stay against the judge's order as soon as possible.
"At the earliest time possible, the Department of Justice intends to file an emergency stay of this order and defend the President's Executive Order, which is lawful and appropriate," the statement read.
In addition, the State Department said Saturday that they were reversing the revocation of 60,000 visas, which they said Friday were revoked in order to comply with Trump's order.
Trump late last month signed an executive order that temporarily halted the U.S. refugee resettlement program for 120 days while indefinitely suspending the Syrian refugee resettlement program. The executive order also halted travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the U.S. for 90 days.
But federal justice James Robart stepped in on Friday and essentially overturned all aspects of Trump's executive order effectively immediately.