×

Please verify

Blaze Media
Watch LIVE

In first interview since lethal on-set shooting, Alec Baldwin claims he didn't pull the trigger

News
Image Source: ABC News YouTube video screenshot

Hollywood star Alec Baldwin claimed that he didn't pull the trigger in his first interview since the tragic on-set shooting in October.

Baldwin made the comments during an emotional interview with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News.

"The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger. I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger on them, never," said Baldwin.

The accidental shooting resulted in the death of 42-year-old cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, who was getting ready to film a scene with Baldwin at the time. The actor reportedly pointed the gun at her and the camera and she was shot in the stomach. 48-year-old director Joel Souza was also wounded in the incident at a movie set near Santa Fe, New Mexico.

The full interview will be broadcast on Wednesday evening, but snippets were released ahead of airing.

"How did a real bullet get on that set?" asked Stephanopoulos at one point.

"I have no idea!" interrupted Baldwin. "Someone put a live bullet in a gun. A bullet that wasn't even supposed to be on the property."

In another snippet, Baldwin jumps to say that the incident was the worst thing that has ever happened to him.

In November, an attorney representing Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the armorer for the movie, said they were investigating the possibility that someone purposely sabotaged the set.

"I believe that somebody who would do that would want to sabotage the set, want to prove a point, want to say that they're disgruntled, they're unhappy," said attorney Jason Bowles.

Santa Fe District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies disputed that possibility.

"I know that some defense attorneys have come up with conspiracy theories and have used the word sabotage," Carmack-Altwies said. "We do not have any proof."

The movie had been beset by problems with the unionized crew, some of whom had walked off just hours before the shooting. They claimed that the movie was underfunded and that producers, including Baldwin, had cut corners on safety and security.

Here's more about Baldwin's claims:

Alec Baldwin Exclusive: 'The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger.' | ABC Newswww.youtube.com

Most recent
All Articles