Try BlazeTV for Free
News

Top official makes major announcement about illegal immigrant deportation operations

'The pool of those with final removal orders is enormous'

Joe Raedle/Getty Images

The Trump administration is prepared to deport up to 1 million illegal immigrants, a top official revealed Sunday.

Ken Cuccinelli, acting director of the Citizenship and Immigration Services, said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that Immigration and Customs Enforcement has final removal orders for approximately 1 million immigrants living in the U.S. illegally.

"[ICE is] ready to just perform their mission, which is to go and find and detain and then deport the approximately 1 million people who have final removal orders. They've been all the way through the due process and have final removal orders," Cuccinelli said.

"Who among those will be targeted for this particular effort ... is really just information kept within ICE at this point," he explained. "The pool of those with final removal orders is enormous."

President Donald Trump announced last month that immigration authorities would begin deporting illegal immigrants on a massive scale.

The first of those operations, which was slated to take place on June 23, was later delayed after sensitive information about the raids was leaked and widely reported by the mainstream media.

Cuccinelli later explained that ICE's responsibility of deporting illegal immigrants has "been interfered with effectively and held up by the politics of Washington." He said that deportations should happen on an ongoing "rolling basis," instead of in massive operations.

Ken Cuccinelli says one million illegal immigrants have court orders to leave the US www.youtube.com

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Try BlazeTV for Free
Sponsored content
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.