Little Landen Hoffman, the five-year-old boy thrown off the balcony of the third floor in the Mall of America, is awake now, just two weeks later, the family announced on the GoFundMe page on Friday.
"All praise, glory and honor to God! He saved our son's life and is healing him in the most miraculous ways," reads the latest update. "We are so elated to let you know that our son is now alert and conscious and is no longer in critical condition!"
That fundraiser was started 15 days ago, and has since raised over $1 million for the boy who was targeted for cold-blooded murder at random, it seems.
"We are now turning our focus to additional surgeries, healing, rehabilitation and eventually a return home, which we hope will happen by June," said the family.
"We want to personally thank each and every one of you for your love, prayers and support. We are astounded and so blessed by the over 28,000 individuals and families, from literally around the world, that have donated to our gofundme page. Your love and generosity overwhelms and means so much to us! We have no idea where we would be without you - God and your prayers have sustained us."
It's not only the family who are calling the boy's healing miraculous. The pastor for the church where the Hoffmans worship announced days ago that the MRI for Landen showed "zero evidence of brain damage" and "no swelling in the brain."
The result was "truly a miracle" said Pastor Mac Hammond.
At the time of that announcement, just days ago, was still in critical condition and had not regained consciousness. On Saturday, he was "alert and conscious" and no longer in critical condition, just two weeks after being hurled almost 40ft to the ground in an attempt on his young life.
The fundraiser for Landen continues here. The costs associated with such catastrophic injury and even the miraculous recovery, and to the family in related expenses, continue to climb. As does the generosity and faith of the American people praying and cheering for this child's recovery.
The man who threw him, Emmanuel Aranda, is charged with attempted first-degree murder. He is in Hennepin County jail and will appear in court next month. He admitted to police it was his intent to kill, that he'd gone to the mall that day looking for someone to murder. He has a prior criminal record, and had been banned from the Mall of America twice before.