Video recorded in Kansas City on Tuesday — the anniversary of George Floyd's death while he was in the custody of Minneapolis police — reportedly shows a Black Lives Matter protestor standing in the middle of a blocked-off intersection and directly threatening the lives of police.
"Cause we're tired of being shot and killed because we're gonna get pulled over for air fresheners..." the woman declared through a bullhorn in reference to one of the reasons why Daunte Wright was pulled over before he was fatally shot by Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, police while resisting arrest.
The protester continued her rant: "I'm waiting for one of those mother f***ers to pull me over. Cause baby, where I'm from we don't give two f***s about the police."
And then the woman — who apparently hails from Chicago — lowered her biggest boom: "Let them kill one of ours. Guess what we doing? We kill one of theirs in Chicago baby. We gonna knock on your door; we gonna blow your motherf***in' head off."
Here's the clip. Content warning: Language:
How did folks react?
As you might expect, a number of those who viewed the video were less than impressed by the woman's declarations — particularly her threat to relieve police officers of their heads via gunfire:
- "I got a grand that says she doesn't have a job," one commenter quipped.
- "I see a person that can now be charged with terrorist threats at minimum," another user said.
- "Direct threat on police officers lives!" another commenter exclaimed. "How is she not being arrested? America needs to take out the trash! This should be deemed unacceptable by those of any political affiliation."
- "How is this not an attempt to incite violence," another user wondered. "What has this person been taught, or what has happened to her to make her think this is the way?"
- "Why aren't these people being canceled/employers called? Why are the Republicans so docile while the left literally screams racism and hatred," another commenter asked. "Republicans are just as pathetic as Democrats for allowing this."
John Curtis, the original poster of the above clip, also noted on Twitter that it appeared that police had ordered demonstrators out of the streets — and that the "hard ass" who made the statement about shooting police was seen speaking to officers.
Curtis also posted another video showing a pickup truck driver blaring the vehicle's horn at protesters blocking an intersection — which resulted in a handful of protesters confronting the driver while holding signs. He noted that the driver and other motorists simply turned their vehicles around.
Content warning: Language: