Megan Rapinoe — the biggest star of the U.S. women's soccer team — raised more than a few eyebrows by saying prior to the squad's World Cup win that she's "not going to the f***ing White House" to celebrate with President Donald Trump, but she's far from the only player on the team who drops f-bombs for public consumption.
Goalkeeper Ashlyn Harris has gained quite a bit of notoriety through her Instagram stories chronicling the team's off-the-field antics. SBNation called Harris' story of the post-World Cup locker room celebration "nothing short of phenomenal. So good, in fact, we decided to rank the best moments from her story because it was just that amazing."
The outlet noted moments during which Harris said, "You're f***ing welcome for this content, bitch!" and "This content's f***ing gold, bitch!" along with video of star Alex Morgan twerking — as well as Harris yelling for Rapinoe to "get her ass in the f***ing locker room."
Here's video of it all, if you dare. (Content warning: Language):
Ashlyn Harris USWNT celebration on Instagramyoutu.be
And for an encore
But Harris wasn't through by a long shot. There were more celebrations for her to chronicle, including New York City's parade for the team Wednesday — before which players received commemorative keys to the Big Apple.
A video compilation purportedly of Harris' Instagram story showed the team members drinking champagne and getting rowdy as the crowd cheered them during the parade. Toward the end is a clip of Harris holding her key to city and saying, "Hide your kids, hide your wife, and lock your f***in' doors because we got the key to the motherf***in' city, and I'm comin' for all y'all bitches."
Content warning: Language
Ashlyn Harris Instagram Stories // USWNT Parade of Champions + City Hall Ceremony // NYC // 7.10.19youtu.be
U.S. Soccer on Thursday didn't immediately respond to TheBlaze's request for comment on the video.
The rest of the story
Harris' apparent Instagram story also includes her saying things like:
- "We're on a float, bitch!"
- "And it f***ing begins, my friends!"
- "Are you not entertained, bitch?" (borrowing from Russell Crowe's line in "The Gladiator")
- "That is the motherf***in' T."
- "It's getting sloppy. It's getting f***ing sloppy!"
- "Pay us, bitch."
As you might expect, quite a few observers didn't appreciate Harris' videos of herself or the team, saying their behavior was inappropriate, lacked dignity and class, and most definitely wasn't role model-worthy for girls who may look up to them.
But quite a few folks had the opposite opinion:
- Gaby Kirschner of Bleacher Report: "I need Ashlyn Harris to never log off."
- ABC News editor Alexandra Svokos: "In case you were concerned [Ashlyn Harris] was done giving us that gold content, she's... she's not. She's not done. I'm convinced she can't be stopped. Please no one try to stop her."
- Media Matter for America editor-at-large Parker Molloy: "[Ashlyn Harris] needs her own podcast or talk show or documentary series or something. This is just genuinely awesome content."
- New York Magazine: "Ashlyn Harris's Instagram Stories deserve a Oscar."
- BuzzFeed TV and pop culture writer Nora Dominick: "[Ashlyn Harris'] Instagram remains a damn gift to this world and belongs in the Louvre, bitch."
- Sports Illustrated producer Jessica Smetana: "I urge each and every one of you to watch Ashlyn Harris' [Instagram] story before it expires."