WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can signup for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Light dawns on marble heads …
All of a sudden? … You may remember that in 2018 when conservatives were saying that there is a crisis at the southern border that the media and CNN in particular scoffed at the notion. CNN media critic and cheerleader Brian Stelter called what was happening at the border in April 2018 a "manufactured crisis." Now that a horrible photo of a dead child and parent has made the rounds, Stelter and his colleague Don Lemon are screaming about a crisis.
Welcome to the club, gents.
Tuesday, in his nightly email, Stelter highlighted a CNN story about the photo. That story used the words "crisis at the border" that Stelter himself scoffed at over a year ago. Of course, despite the crisis being in effect for most of this decade, Stelter laid the blame at President Trump's feet.
Lemon and Chris Cuomo discussed the crisis during their nightly switch-off and Lemon excoriated Republicans who disagreed with his view of the border crisis. That most of the people aren't illegal – even if they are crossing illegally.
As Conservative Review's Daniel Horowitz noted in January 2018, this crisis is the result of policies of multiple administrations and multiple Congresses. Including those led by Sen. Chuck Schumer who took to the floor Wednesday to seize on this photo.
This crisis didn't start under the presidency of Donald Trump. This crisis has been brewing for a long time and hundreds of people have been dying trying to cross the border for decades. It is a decades-long tragedy and not something to score political points over.
CNN's talent should be ashamed of themselves.
Here's more on the media finding the border crisis …
- Democrats, media change tune on border: No longer a 'manufactured crisis'
- 'Not a good look': Could Brian Stelter's concern about 'the humanitarian crisis at the border' ring any hollower?
- About that drowning photo and the media
- FLASHBACK: Don Lemon's guest says the border crisis only exists in Trump's 'poor mind'
- CNN sneers, 'triggered' Trump won't 'take personal responsibility' for drowned immigrants
- MSNBC's Cal Perry: Illegal immigrant centers show America 'is no longer … a haven for people'
- CNN anchor admits child migrant detention happened under Obama too
- Joy Reid: Racial resentment a key to Trump's electoral success
- CNN's 'New Day' sweeps Trump accuser's claim of rape being sexy under the rug
- Celebrities cry 'impeach!' while reading Mueller report
- New Google document leaked describing Shapiro, Prager, as 'Nazis using the dog whistles'
- Clint Eastwood will film in Georgia despite Hollywood boycott against state over heartbeat abortion law
- 'Trump slump': Viewers are tired of political coverage by digital and cable news
- It only took three years for mainstream reporters to catch up to conservative coverage of Ilhan Omar's marriage
- Brian Stelter complains he can't find a reliable report on Project Veritas' Google censorship story after using Google to look
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.