- Israel has launched a series of airstrikes in the Gaza Strip after a rocket was fired into Israeli territory by an Islamist group in the coastal enclave. While the attack has been claimed by an Islamic State-linked group, rather than Hamas, Israel says that Hamas is responsible for any attacks coming from its territory.
- New reports are saying that there are secret talks between Israel and Hamas to release several Israeli nationals who have been kidnapped and held by Hamas in exchange for Hamas prisoners.
- The Israeli army closed off the border area with Syria to Israeli civilians following the rise of tension on the Israel-Syria border.
- American Jewish groups are furious after the Israeli government has frozen plans to build a new egalitarian prayer plaza by the Robinson’s arch site at the Western Wall.
- Rabbi Dov Lipman, Former Knesset Member; Yesh Atid Party, Rabbi Dov Halbertal, Former Head of the Office of the Chief Rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Galia Sadan, Former CEO of the Council of Israeli Reform Rabbis; Rabbi at Beit Daniel Congregation of Tel Aviv, and Linda Avitan, Board Member with the Women of the Wall and co-chair of Adat Shalom Emanuel Masorti of Rehovot came to the ILTV studio to discuss the national conversion bill that annuls non-rabbinate-performed conversions.
- The Knesset assembly unanimously voted in favor of an outright ban of the binary and forex industries in Israel. Fraudulent scams have been hurting Israeli public image worldwide.
- The Knesset has just passed a bill that will allow new immigrants to receive passports as soon as they acquire citizenship, but the Israeli police are worried that this could be a gift to criminals.
- The fourth annual Sylvan Adams Nefesh B’nefesh Bonei-Zion prize has been awarded in recognition of top English-speaking immigrants who’ve had a major impact in Israel. Prize recipients include doctors, educators, artists, athletes and more.
- Two Israelis made a remake of the famous Spanish song "Despacito" in Hebrew. Ram Vashdi and Shoval Moshon uploaded their own cover version, and it's gotten over 10,000 views since it was uploaded.
- Rona Israel-Kolatt, Director of the International Žamboki Masterclasses of Vocal Arts of Opera spoke at ILTV studio about Israel's school of opera that’s emerging on the world stage.
- Mariah Carey is the new face of the Israeli makeup brand “Premier Cosmetics.” Reportedly, she's received around $1.4 million to represent the company.
The Hebrew word of the day is "leat," which means "slow."
Listen to more episodes on demand of “ZION News” on TheBlaze Contributors.