"Slightly Offens*ve" host Elijah Schaffer attended a climate change march in Los Angeles to ask attendees for their ideas in finding solutions for what they called the "climate catastrophe."
After a brief chat with PragerU's Will Witt and a very undercover "FBI agent," Elijah made his way past one of the world's most cringeworthy bands to ask climate warriors how we can save the planet.
Here are some of their answers:
- "All this travelling, constantly moving, by car, by plane, [is] wasting and putting all this crap out there in the air. There are diesel engines, or gas, or, you know, there's non-gas alternatives, and we can use all that."
- "Everybody knows that there's a climate crisis, but what's the solution? Elon Musk? He says let's go to Mars, abandon Earth. Some people say let's kill everybody. Let's build a wall at the border because as the planet gets hotter people are going to want to escape violence and plagues and death and famine, and so come to the U.S. -- so just build a wall, send people to camps, kill people and that's a way to deal with the climate catastrophe. I think that morally that's kinda f***ed up."
- "We talk about what's happening to the environment. We talk about how we can change, you know. My family, like, we have a compost system, like, we recycle, like, I come to these marches. What was the question?"
- "The problem is that the U.S. government got rid of [statistics on climate change], right, from the Environmental Protection Agency because of the idiot Trump. He is the dumbest idiot, you know."
- "I think what AOC is doing is the correct way to do it."
- "Get rid of some vehicles, like F-150s, they gotta go."
- "Compulsory education on the climate crisis, starting from K-8 because that's when we're most impressionable, right?"
- "You should ask some of these intelligent professors who know about these things."
Some people declined to talk about solutions, offering instead the ever-popular alarmist statements, such as:
- "I don't think we're going to have a planet much longer."
- "If we don't stop [climate change] now, we will be dead."
- "We're all going to die if we don't have action."
Watch the video below for more:
R.I.P. Humanity. It's Been Fun. youtu.be
Find more from Elijah Schaffer on his YouTube channel Slightly Offens*ve.