28-year-old Amanda Pratt has survived a brain tumor the size of her fist. She's had five surgeries to remove the tumor, but still has years of check-ups and treatments in her future. And now, Pratt says she feels "embarrassed and terrible," but not because of her condition.
The young California resident spoke with TheBlaze's Liz Klimas last week, explaining how her medical costs have skyrocketed under Obamacare, and added more Monday in a web-only exclusive with Glenn Beck.
"Have you tried to sign up for the exchange?" Beck asked.
"I have," Pratt replied. "[It's] impossible. The website is terrible, and when I called ... It just kicked me off ... I couldn't leave my name, a phone number, nothing."
Pratt said she tried calling before New Year's, and has called "four or five times" since, but has never spoken to anybody from Covered California.
In addition to being "[scared] to death" that her neurosurgeon will join the many other medical professionals who are leaving the industry, Pratt said she feels "embarrassed and terrible that no one is listening" to her story. Many who crusaded for Obamacare and promised that it would lower costs are remarkably silent when it comes to her situation, it seems.
"[I'm] embarrassed for my country, my community, that no one wants to take up my defense," she said simply. "Just very sad."
And though TheBlaze has picked up her story, Pratt said she even encountered some hateful commenters there.
"They all decided, well this girl ... she's 28 from California, she had to have voted for Barack Obama. Not the case," Pratt said. "It crushed me thinking that people viewed me in this way, when that is never how I have lived my life."
Watch the complete web exclusive, below:
Other Must-Read Stories:
- 28-Year-Old Who Survived Fist-Sized Brain Tumor Just Got an Obamacare Surprise — And It’s Not What She Wanted
- Is This the Alarming Reason Kathleen Sebelius Hasn’t Been Fired?
- The Sneaky Way the Obamacare Website Is Underquoting Insurance Rates (and It Was a Mainstream Media Outlet That Caught It)
- How Obamacare Has Changed One Family’s Situation to ‘It’s Either Eat or Buy Health Insurance’
- Glenn Beck Teaches Children About Obamacare With Special Halloween Lesson