Kim Kardashian has hinted that her husband Kanye West's forthcoming album will be called "Jesus is King," and that it will have a decidedly Christian theme.
What do we know about this?
Kardashian shared a post to her social media channels on Thursday, listing the names of the tracks on the album.
She captioned the post — which features the list alongside what appears to be a Bible opened to the book of Psalms — with a praying hands emoji.
The track list features what appears to be songs like:
- God Is
- Sierra Canyon
- Hands On
- Wake the Dead
- Through the Valley
- Sweet Jesus
West performed "Water" at the Coachella Music and Arts Festival in April.
The album is apparently set for a Sept. 27 release.
🙏🏼 https://t.co/ZmGvtN7o7C— Kim Kardashian West (@Kim Kardashian West)1567106301.0
What has been the response to this new information?
Here are some of the more interesting social media responses below.
- welp, sounds like kanye is going muy religioso again. god-centric redemption arc, it seems.
- so this is gonna suck
- Prayers for you and Kanye. Coming out for Jesus makes a lot of enemies. #JesusIsLord #GodWins
- Tell Kanyé his fans want an album not Psalms from the bible. Ty.
- I actually mentally, physically and spiritually need this right now
- More are standing with you & @kanyewest than those that are against you. #TheMessiahIsKing Prayers with you both.
West has been hosting what he calls "Sunday Service" performances since earlier in the year.
Many of the "Sunday Service" events feature gospel versions of songs from West's vast musical library and other Christian music.
In August, West hosted a "Sunday Service" in Dayton, Ohio, to honor the lives lost in a mass killing that took place on a busy street outside of a club. The massacre took the lives of nine people and injured dozens more.