Two fires in Maryland last month were blamed on people trying to thaw out their frozen pipes.
In Taneytown, a homeowner reportedly tried to use a blowtorch to thaw the pipes. No one was injured, but the fire caused around $300,000 in damage. Around 90 firefighters had to battle the blaze, officials told the Associated Press.
Protip: Don’t use a blowtorch to thaw out your frozen pipes! Doc shared this story as part of this week’s “Friday Leftovers” on today’s show. Listen to the full clip (above) for more leftovers:
- A thief who snatched a $100 bill from a high school boy made the mistake of choosing a school bus for the getaway car.
- A Burger King employee called the cops after a drunk customer came in and exposed himself.
- A pizza delivery became a holdup.