The day before Memorial Day, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan lamented that Mexico had lost territory to America due to the Mexican-American War and disparaged American military action around the globe.
The poorly-timed rant took place in San Diego in front of a partially Hispanic audience. The oft controversial minister began by disparaging "White Mexicans" of Spanish decent before announcing that "Africans were in that part of the World [Mexico] maybe before [Mexicans] got there." The minister lamented that illegal Mexicans are called "aliens" and declared that Americans "ought to be praising the Mexicans because we living on land that was once theirs."
Farrakhan went on to declare that he was "sad that Mexico lost California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado" after the Mexican-American War "trickery." This led to the minister generalizing about the American people as "a people that make war and blame the person they makin' war on and then take your land."
However, The minister sounded overjoyed that minority births outnumber white births in America, according to recent US Census reports. Given the news, Farrakhan noted that white people will soon "be the minority in their own country that they took from the native people." He also projected that minorities will soon "become governor of every state."
Watch the astonishing Remarks Below:
Key Farrakhan Quotes:
- "They make you think that the original Mexicans are all white Mexicans. I don't have anything against a white Mexican, but you're not the original. What language did the original Mexicans speak? Why are you speaking Spanish? You're not Spain. You're not Spanish."
- "Where did you get that name you have? Sanchez. Ramirez. Look at you. 'My name is Sergio Sanchez. I'm not one of those black ones.' But, Africans were in that part of the world maybe before you got there."
- "And now you're an alien. That's terrible that Americans can call Mexicans 'aliens.' You know, we ought to be praising the Mexicans because we living on land that was once theirs, San Diego. Or maybe it should be 'San Diablo."
- "Brothers and sisters, it's sad that Mexico lost California, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado -- all of this was once Mexico. And through trickery, a war was started. You see, this is a people that make war and blame the person they makin' war on and then take your land. That's a modus operandi all over the world."
- "A racist, white supremist must be going crazy, you know, because for the first time, Hispanic, black and Asian babies outnumbered white babies. An ominous sign for the future. Now listen now, in the next 30 or 40 years, white people will be the minority in their own country that they took from the native people."
- "That must be a terrible feeling, to know that in just a few short years, the majority's gonna be the minority. And one man, one vote. So, we become governor of every state -- ah, we give 'em a few."